How to write the perfect vows?
The perfect vows♥… every couple is unique and so should their vows.
We have gathered some tips and tricks in writing the perfect vows. These tips are really helpful with writing your own unique vow for your fiancee!
Inspiration, inspiration and inspiration
If you don’t know where to begin with your vows, it is always a good idea to read a lot of vows from other people. Don’t copy their vows but just have a look at how they have written it and which kind of words they used. After reading a couple of vows, decide which ones you liked most en try to understand why! Keep the style of the vows in you memory and try to use the same style for your vow!♥
Which format will you and your fiancee use?
How would you and fiancee want to write the vows? Humorous, poetic or romantic? Do you both write your own vows? Partly together or together? These all are things that you and yo
ur fiancee should discuss! the most common and frequently used one is that men and women right their own vows. We from Weddings Vacations think it is much more fun and romantic to write them to together and to say them together as a couple on the altar.♥♥
Jot down notes about your relationship!
Go and sit down with a platter of yummy food
and a good glass of wine with your fiancee and set up a list of questions about your relationship! This is really fun to do and you can collect memories together! I will hand you a list of questions below, these are just common questions! Remember that you can ask each other any question you like!
- Why did you decide to get married?
- What hard times have you gone through together?
- What have you supported each other through?
- What challenges do you envision in your future?
- What do you want to accomplish together?
- What makes your relationship tick?
- What did you think when you first saw your fiancé?
- When did you realize you were in love?
- What do you most respect about your partner?
- How has your life gotten better since meeting your mate?
- What about them inspires you?
- What do you miss most about them when you’re apart?
- What qualities do you most admire in one another?
Think of one, two or many promises!
The tekst you probably want to right is not called a vow for no reason! The promises you make to each other are the most important part of the vow.
Last but not least…!
This probably is the most important preparation technique: PRACTICE!
Write your vows down, say them out loud while looking to yourself in the mirror! This might sound crazy and could feel so weird but believe us… it is the best way to practice!!